Last updated: Sept 20th, 2022
Advocacy Explained is owned and managed by Cities & Collaboration Limited.
Cities and Collaboration Limited is a company registered in England (company registration number 09913265) whose registered office is at 3rd Floor 12 Gough Square London EC4A 3DW. Cities & Collaboration Limited respects your right to privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us, or that we may collect from other sources will be processed by us. This includes the various ways in which you interact with us, whether through one of our many websites, for example www.fdicampus.com. Together our sites are known as our “platforms”. We may also interact with you through the various services we provide, from providing consultancy to organising events.
What does Cities & Collaboration Limited do?
Cities & Collaboration is a company that advises countries, cities and region on how to attract and retain foreign direct investment (FDI). Part of that consultancy support includes training to help delegates become the FDI experts the industry needs. Our platform facilitates the transfer of knowledge and commoditises this into training experiences such as courses, mentoring and assessments. For more information about Cities & Collaboration, please see the “About Us” section at http://www.citiesandcollaboration.com/about/.
What personal information does Cities & Collaboration collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarilyCertain parts of our Platform may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automaticallyWhen you visit our Platform, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Platform, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Platform, where they come from, and what content on our Platform is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Platform to our visitors.Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” [link] below.
Who does Cities & Collaboration share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below [link].
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Cities & Collaboration keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Platform servers are located in the United Kingdom, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below [link].
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below [link].
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below [link].
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a full list of our platforms:
1. Cities & Collaboration: www.citiesandcollaboration.com
For more information about Cities & Collaboration, please see the “About Us” section at http://www.citiesandcollaboration.com/about/.
2. fdiCampus: www.fdicampus.com
For more information about fdiCampus visit the ‘About’ section at https://fdicampus.com/about/
3. Advocacy Explained www.advocacyexplained.com
For more information about Advocacy Explained visit the Team and Book section of the site at: https://www.advocacyexplained.com/book/ and http://aftercareexplained.com/team/
4. Aftercare Explained www.aftercareexplained.com
For more informaiton about Advocacy Explained visit the Book and Authors section of the site at: http://aftercareexplained.com/book and http://aftercareexplained.com/authors